Position: New Worship Service Music Leader
Job Type: Part-Time
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The New Worship Service Music Leader is a part-time position (10 hours per week) dedicated to Wekiva Presbyterian Church's New (modern style) worship service. The New Worship Service Music Leader will work with the music praise team to learn and implement music for WPC's new worship service. The New Worship Service Music Leader will maintain a deep commitment to the spiritual and musical needs of the church working through new style music to strengthen the church body. The successful candidate must have a mentoring presence and possess the necessary interpersonal and musical skills to implement this program while enhancing the skills of the participants.
This position reports directly to the Head of Staff and is also under the counsel of the Worship Committee and evaluation of the Human Resources Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, nurture, train and lead the volunteer music praise team.
- Coordinate with the music praise team and Pastor to select and implement the music for the new worship service.
- Arrive in a timely manner prior to the Sunday service in order to rehearse with the music praise team.
- Responsible for special presentations of music such as those at Christmas, Easter and at other times that might be suitable for the overall enhancement of the music program of the church.
- Schedule, attend and lead weekly rehearsals for the music praise team.
- Prepare a set of Goals and Objectives at the beginning of each year in consultation with the Pastor and the Human Resources Committee, based on Worship Committee objectives.
- Attend monthly Worship Committee meeting.
- Attend worship planning meetings as scheduled with the Head of Staff.
- Work within budget for the new worship service as established by Worship Committee.
SALARY - Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Authentic personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- A love and loyalty for the body of Christ, the church.
- A passion for strengthening the body of Christ through a ministry of music.
- Commit to and connect to the Presbyterian Church (USA)ís mission, vision, and values.
- Demonstrated music skills necessary to lead the music praise team.
- Ability to enlist and mentor volunteers into the music praise team.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of all ages.
- Dependable, responsible, mature, self-motivated and creative.
- Demonstrates skill in working in music with a love for music.
- Willingness to learn and try new ideas.
- Instrumental ability, preferably piano and or guitar.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and administer programs.
Position: Director of Christian Education
Where: Wekiva Presbyterian Church-Longwood, FL 32779
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: Compensation commensurate with background and experience.
Wekiva Presbyterian Church is currently seeking a part-time Director of Christian Education (DCE) with a strong passion for educational ministry in keeping with the mission, vision, and values of the Presbyterian Church (USA). The position requires an average of 28 hours per week. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a growing commitment to Christ, a strong biblical foundation, and a love for children, families, youth, and adults.
The Director of Christian Education (DCE) will plan, coordinate, and help implement Wekiva Presbyterian Church's Christian formation ministryĖ including curriculum selection and development, volunteer coordination, event planning, and teaching. The DCE will coordinate with the Director of Student Ministries, with regard to the middle and the high school Sunday school programs. The DCE will also oversee seasonal programs such as Vacation Bible School and Confirmation.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops a sustainable Christian Education ministry program, including the respective Christian formation programs for children, middle and high school youth (in conjunction with the Director of Student Ministries), and adults, as well as: Sunday Children and Worship and midweek Kidís Club.
- Recruit teachers and assistants for Sunday school in order to develop a ministry team to effectively implement the formation programs.
- Empower parents to be involved with the faith development of their children.
- Keep current with the latest trends, methods, and materials as related to religious education.
- Work with the Pastor and lay leadership to cast a clear vision for the Education program of Wekiva Presbyterian Church.
- Serve as staff liaison to our early childhood learning program, Christian Child Center (CCC).
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Christian Education Committee (meeting monthly).
- Participate in regularly scheduled Church Staff meetings (weekly).
- Order curriculum and supplies.
- Help to develop and work within the Christian Education budget.
- Other duties and activities as required, including special programs.
Education and Experience
- Active leader in Christian Education ministry as a volunteer or paid staff for a minimum of 2 years, preferably in a Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Bachelorís degree or higher from a college/university/seminary required, with a concentration in Christian Education ministry and/or Education preferred.
If you feel God is calling you to this position please email your resume to the DCE Search Committee at email@example.com with the subject line "Director of Christian Education".
Resumes can also be mailed to DCE Search Committee-Wekiva Presbyterian Church 211 Wekiva Springs Ln. Longwood, FL 32779
- The Director of Christian Education (DCE) will be supervised by and report directly to the pastor, and will work in coordination with the Christian Education Committee of Session.